- Tvetydighet angående Kyrkans hållning i abortfrågan
- Den tredje utvägen: om alternativ till abort
- De lokala prästernas kommentar till det inträffade och till Fisichellas attack mot biskop Sobrinho
- Sanningen om aborten i Recife?
- Självkritik angående definitionen av abort
In addition to the protest of the archbishop of Olinda and Recife, the Vatican has received many other protests and requests for correction. Some of them have been made public by their respective authors. One of these is Professor Joseph Seifert, founder and rector of the International Academy of Philosophy in Liechtenstein and a member of the pontifical academy for life, headed by Fisichella:Biskop Sobrinho belönades med von Galen-priset för sitt agerande.
"I feel it to be my duty to express my ardent hope that the highest teaching authorities of the Church may express quickly and clearly the authentic Church teaching on the intrinsic evil of any abortion and correct publicly and unambiguously the mentioned statements."
Others have cited an unequivocal passage from the famous speech by Pius XII to obstetrical nurses in 1951: "to save the life of the mother is a very noble act; but the direct killing of the child as a means to such an end is illicit.